March 2014 · 1 volume · 300 pages · 8"x10"
Online Access with Print Purchase
# of Pages: 300
# of Volumes: 1
Print List Price: $125
eBook Single User Price: $125
Careers in Hospitality & Tourism
A new career-focused title that explores career paths in the growing fields of hospitality and tourism.
Written for high school and undergraduate students, this series will help students explore their futures, and set goals in these exciting and growing fields.
This title examines 20 occupations in hospitality and tourism which encompasses the management, marketing and operations of restaurants, lodging, attractions, recreation events and other travel related services. Careers covered in the text include Chef, Cosmetologist, Fitness Trainer, Florist, Gardener, Hotel Manager, Interior Designer, Pilot, Sailor, Travel Agent, and many more.
Chapters provide an inside-look at the career options within a particular profession, including:
• Overview: Sphere of Work
• A Day in the Life
• Work Environment: Physical, Human, Technological
• Education & Training: Schooling, Licensing, Adult Job Seekers
• Earnings & Advancement
• Areas with the Highest Employment Levels
• Employment Outlook
• Associations & Business Contacts to Jumpstart Networking
• Plus... Famous Firsts, Occupation Specialties, Skills & Abilities, Fun Facts
• Conversations with Real Professionals, including “What I Wish I Had Known”